Faith is the Victory.... (part 2)


This is kind of a continuation of my last post....

                                                   ****************************
After Faith camp, my family and I went on a camping trip to Montana! We haven't gone camping for quite a while, so it was a real treat!

After hearing the messages the speakers had to give at faith camp, of how most of them, simple people, where called by the Lord, feeling ever so inadequate for what the Lord had called them to do, but yet how the Lord fitted them for the work that they could not do themselves. Ever since that weekend, I have been thinking a lot about the hero's of our faith.

Especially Moses has been in my thoughts....

On one of the 4 days of our camping trip, we hiked up this trail. It was a rather miserable hike to say the least! There were tons of mud holes, or you could call them, mini swamps! I finally decided to take off my flip flops, and let the cool mud squish through my toes! No sense trying to stay clean in that stuff! :) In fact, on the way back, we all ran through them, flipping mud all over each other! :) lol

And besides the mud holes, there was literally millions of blood thirsty mosquitoes! You would think they had never tasted such good stuff in all their lives! They were just swarming us. It felt like we were in a cloud of them!

So by now, I'm sure you get the point, the hike was miserable. But what was at the end... our destination point, was worth it all! It was absolutely breath taking!

This is the sight that greeted our eyes.....



I dropped the muddy flip flops I had been carrying, on a stump at the end of the trail, and continued on my barefoot way, following my energetic brothers, through the thick brush to the other side of the lake. Up and over many big boulders......



At last, I caught up with them! They had found a little spring, trickling down from a crack in a big boulder....



 ...And were thoroughly enjoying it! I more than gladly joined them! As I drank deeply of that unimaginably sweet, cool water, my mind flew back to another rock long ago, that had gushed with cool water for so many thirsty ones. And a big smile crept to my lips.....

You see, in the bustle of getting ready to go that morning, I had forgotten to fill a water bottle to take with, and after the hike, in 80 degree weather, I was really thirsty! And the Lord had just so mercifully provided for my need! :)

As I looked down on the beautiful sight below me.....




And the flowers all around....




My tongue wet with the sweet, mountain spring water.

I pondered over the story of that man of old....

Moses.

His story is growing to be a dear one to my heart.

I just can't seem to remove the image from my imagination, of him kneeling in awe and reverence before that bush aflame with the glory of God. Listening breathlessly to the voice of the almighty one.

"Come now therefore, and I will send thee ....." Exodus 3:10

And Moses answered the Lord:
"Who am I, that I should go..." (verse 11)

And the Lord answered him:
"Certainly I will be with thee;...." (verse 12)

Again later on, Moses said:
 "O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue." (Ch 4 Verse 10)  


And the Lord answered Him:
"..Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? (verse 11)  Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say." (Verse 12)

  "From the burning bush the Lord reproved Moses for unbelief when he pleaded his inability to speak. "Who hath made man's mouth?" he said, "or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say." When the word of Lord came to Jeremiah, he said, "Ah, Lord God! behold, I can not speak: for I am a child." But the Lord said to him: "Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.  {par. 6}  The same God who gave his messages to Moses and Jeremiah will give his word to his witnesses in this generation. "For it is not ye that speak," Christ declares, "but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you." This word of the Lord has been verified in all ages, and it will be verified to the close of time in all who hold the beginning of their confidence firm unto the end. The most powerful testimony will be given in defense of the faith once delivered to the saints. The Holy Spirit is close beside those who are called to witness for truth and righteousness. He orders the testimony that is borne before earthly authorities, that the glorious truth may appear."  {RH, May 24, 1898 par. 7}

Ahh, my friends! Faith is truly the Victory that overcomes the world! Faith that the Lord will speak His words through this stumbling mouth. Faith that He will provide for all my needs. Faith that He WILL guide my feet in the paths where He WILL call them.

I don't know what the Lord has in store for my future.  But this I know:
"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."  John 15:16

"I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."  Isaiah 42: 6-8

"We know not what is before us, and if we did, it would not contribute to our eternal welfare. God gives us an opportunity to exercise faith and trust in the great I AM" (Lt 119, 1895).  {1BC 1099.5}

There will be many trials, no doubt. Moses had his share too. But HE has Promised this:
"...Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.  Isaiah 43: 1-2

 "Through all our trials we have a never-failing Helper. He does not leave us alone to struggle with temptation, to battle with evil, and be finally crushed with burdens and sorrow. Though now He is hidden from mortal sight, the ear of faith can hear His voice saying, Fear not; I am with you. "I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore." Revelation 1:18. I have endured your sorrows, experienced your struggles, encountered your temptations. I know your tears; I also have wept. The griefs that lie too deep to be breathed into any human ear, I know. Think not that you are desolate and forsaken. Though your pain touch no responsive chord in any heart on earth, look unto Me, and live. "The mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of My peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee." Isaiah 54:10."  {DA 483.1}

I could go on and on... But this post has become a bit long! Perhaps there will be a part three to this post. We'll see....

I just can't help sharing my thoughts on this. The Lord is doing so much in my life. Even though at times it seems nothing is happening. I know He is working, and preparing my heart to give service for Him! SOOO exciting! And I will not wait to bless the world around me, I can, through His grace, start now!

Do YOU hear Him calling to your heart as well my friend?
 
Please, will YOU answer the call?

 Don't look to me or anyone else in this world. But look up, to Him who calleth us. And holding the banner of Faith high, may we gain the victory over this world!




 



Comments

Popular Posts