Faith is the Victory....


I had just spent a powerful weekend at Faith Camp.  I had heard the call to my heart, to give my life to Him completely....to go where He wants me to go, to do what He wants me to do, to say what He wants me to say, no matter the cost. I had risen from my seat after the Sabbath afternoon meeting, when the appeal had been made to my heart, to give Him my whole life.....EVERYTHING. I had knelt there, with the others who where making the same commitment, I had poured out my heart to Him in a prayer of consecration, and commitment, with pleas for His guiding hand, wisdom and strength.

And yet, here I sat on the edge of my bed, after everything had been unpacked and put away, and the animals and garden had been tended to, starring blankly out my window into the darkness.  I felt an overwhelming feeling of unworthiness for doing any kind of work for my Redeemer.  And an even more overwhelming feeling of inadequacy and weakness!

As I watched the lightning flash across the dark sky out my window, my thoughts turned to the great heroes of faith in bible times.

Like Moses at the burning bush, when God called Him to lead the Children of Israel  out of Egypt. He too had felt inadequate, weak and unworthy.....



 Elijah had felt all alone, discouraged, weak and afraid.....



Abraham was called to sacrifice his son of promise. My mind tried to imagine that dark, trying night.....



Oh,  there have been so many more mighty heroes, that have walked the path of faith down through the ages. but there is no room to mention them all here! Oh how honored I feel, to walk in their footsteps!





This verse has been vibrating through my mind for the past few days. Giving me, this child of weakness, and of such little faith, much encouragement!

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." John 15:16

To me, that is just a totally amazing verse!

He has chosen me, even though I hadn't chosen Him....

He has ordained me, that I may go and bring fourth beautiful fruit.....fruit that will remain.

He bids me, ask the Father, in His name, and He promises to give it me.......

WOW!

"Labor in faith and confidence; for the time will never come when I will forsake you. I will be with you always, helping you to perform your duty, guiding, comforting, sanctifying, sustaining you, giving you success in speaking words that shall draw the attention of others to heaven."{AA 29.1}

This was the theme song at faith camp this year, and I'd like to share it with you! It's powerful!
                                             
                                               Faith is the Victory!
1. Encamped along the hills of light, ye Christian soldiers, rise, And press the battle ere the night shall veil the glowing skies. Against the foes in vails below let all our strength be hurled;   Faith is the victory we know that overcomes the world.

2. On every hand the foe we find drawn up in dread array; Let tents of ease be left behind, and onward to the fray; Salvation's helmet on each head, with truth all girt about, The earth shall tremble neath our tread, and echo with our shout.

3. To him that overcomes the foe, White raiment shall be giv'n; before the angels he shall know his name confessed in heav'n. Then onward from the hills of light, our hearts with love aflame, We'll vanquish all the host of night, in Jesus conquering name.

Refrain
Faith is the victory! Faith is the victory! O, glorious victory, that overcomes the world.

Let's rise, my dear fellow Christian soldiers! Let's take hold of the banner of faith and raise it high, pressing the battle onward, with our dear redeemer at our side!


Comments

  1. Thank you - it is so easy to forget that each of the heroes of the faith felt the darkness too. Good to be reminded, we are only following in their footsteps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PTL! :) Yes! It is so encouraging to remember what the Father's of our faith went through! How privileged we are to follow in their footsteps! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts