Purity....


"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Matthew 5:8

This has been the theme of my thoughts the last couple of weeks....

purity.

It is a lost possession these days....sadly, there are very few that poses this priceless treasure.

I must admit, I struggle  with it every day.....

This week, there was something especially weighing on my heart...

Something I knew I was  not surrendered in.

So, I picked up my dearest friend off of my nightstand beside my bed....

Pulled on my worn out hiking shoes....

And set out on a walk....

Just God, my Bible and I...

As I sat on a log beside the trail, in the warm sunshine, Bible in lap, pondering the worth of holding on to this "Treasure", My eyes caught sight of two birds soaring high above me...

"Oh Lord I cried, why can't my heart be as free as those birds? I want that sort of freedom...."
'Give me your all.' He whispered. 'And then it is, your heart will know freedom.'

I looked down at my opened Bible.....

A sigh escaped my lips.....

'Ok, Lord' I breathed....'take it, for I am not strong enough to give it into your hands.'

And Oh the joy of full surrender!

 I skipped for joy down that trail!

 My heart soured like an eagle!

Let me say this though, it is not easy to let Him keep my heart...many a moment I want to take it back. Yes, to fill it with my "Treasures", that sort of gold that people call "Fools gold".

But with His strength, I will be like a water lily!



Let Mrs. White explain:

 "I have seen the water-lily growing up through mud and filth, yet putting forth pure, spotless blossoms. One day as my husband and I were on the water, we saw some of these lilies. I said to him, "Reach down, and pull up a root if you can." This he did, and we saw how the beautiful flower was joined by a channeled stem to the root. This channeled stem struck down through the weeds and rubbish to the pure sands beneath, drawing thence the nourishment that gave life to the blossoms of spotless purity.

God would have us learn lessons from the water-lily that opens its pure white blossoms upon the bosom of the lake. The flower reposes in spotless loveliness while all around it, in the water, may be unseemly and obnoxious things. The lily strikes its roots deeper and still deeper into the rich soil far beneath the surface of the lake, and, refusing everything that would taint and pollute its purity, draws to itself only those properties that will aid its development into a spotless and beautiful flower." ~Mrs.White

Only by constantly drinking at the Fountains of living water...By dwelling on the wonderful promises of God... By Striking our roots deeper and still deeper in the knowledge of God... And making a full surrender of self every moment,  Shall we ever have that true Purity as the water lily.

This world is a dreadful, filthy, muddy, pond. Filled with all sorts of debris.

But there IS hope!

Will you join me my friend, as I seek to brighten the place with a beautiful,  pure, water lily? To reject the filth of this pond, (world) and turn to the son above, that the petals of this flower may shine with the beauty of His lovely character?

Let's fill this ugly old pond with pure, beautiful water Lily's!







Comments

Popular Posts