To Give Hope to the Hopeless.

It all just happened so dreadfully fast...

The dogs had been outside, playing around, when it all of a sudden became serious.

And now, our precious little Dachshund, Little Ann, is now missing one eye.

I cannot tell you the pain we all felt inside because of this. We have had her since she was 6 weeks old... she was a puppy of a neighbor dog, so we have known her all of her life, which has been over 13 years now. She has been just like another one of us kids.

And now I cringe to look into that little face, once so cute and full of doggy joy. Now she shakes her head as if to shake away the whole dreadful thing. She still wags her tail, and barks her joys to us, but she will just never be the same again. The scar will forever remain.


                                                ….................................................


Home from the vet, I work on getting ready for the new theme for the Primary class I am now teaching. (such a joy!)

The new theme I've chosen is “Giving”.

We are going to have a special class mission project, helping to support a school in India, (a special place on my heart) for children that would otherwise not get any education, and also a meal, for kids that only get one small one a day, if that. To learn more of the project, click here.

As I look through pictures, and videos, trying to find something to make it real for the kids to understand what their nickels and dimes will be going for, I see picture after picture of pain, and suffering.

'If Jesus were only here to heal them all, as He did in days of old', I thought.

Then it struck me, like a crashing wave...

That is what He has commissioned me to do.

No, we may not be given the power to heal their physical wounds and deformities, or to make their scars vanish, but we do have something to give.

Hope.

I don't know about you, but when I look into those sad brown eyes, I see none of that there.

And we go on with life, forgetting all this, and counting our many blessings.

(for yes, we have many, many more than most)

As Thanksgiving time comes along, let us not just sit down at a table loaded with delicacy's, and count our blessings, as we load our tummies. No, let us DO something a little different.

How about this for Thanksgiving instead?

“ ..to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?” Isaiah 58:6-7

How about it, friends?

Jesus is waiting... all around us.


When

will

YOU

and

ME

answer

this

call?


Comments

Popular Posts