Our Loving Shepherd....

" As the shepherd leads his flock over the rocky hills, through forest and wild ravines, to grassy nooks by the riverside; as he watches them on the mountains through the lonely night, shielding from robbers, caring tenderly for the sickly and feeble, his life comes to be one with theirs. A strong and tender attachment unites him to the objects of his care. However large the flock, the shepherd knows every sheep. Every one has its name, and responds to the name at the shepherd's call.  As an earthly shepherd knows his sheep, so does the divine Shepherd know His flock that are scattered throughout the world. "Ye My flock, the flock of My pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord God." Jesus says, "I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine." "I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands." Ezekiel 34:31; Isaiah 43:1; 49:16.  Every soul is as fully known to Jesus as if he were the only one for whom the Saviour died. The distress of every one touches His heart. The cry for aid reaches His ear........He cares for each one as if there were not another on the face of the earth."  Desire of Ages pg 480 

Comments

  1. "Every soul is as fully known to Jesus as if he were the only one for whom the Saviour died."

    This is beautiful! Thanks for the great reminder!

    And in case you were wondering, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-suring. I just added myself as a follower and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional blog as well.

    Have a blessed day!

    In Christ,
    Dakota - A Look at Life from a Deerstand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't that a wonderful thought! It is so amazing that Jesus loves every single living person in this world as if they were the only one He gave His life for! What an amazing God! :)

      BTW, thank you for sharing your blog site, I love meeting new people, and look forward to getting to know you!
      God Bless!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts