My Anniversary With Jesus.

This journey with Jesus, has been so much better than I could have ever dreamed of, back then as an innocent 11 year old.  He has led me faithfully through the valleys, always showing this stubborn girl, who think she can handle it herself, that really He has everything in control, and can do a much better job handling things than me!  He has showed me, that those many things that I thought I had to have for happiness, really only bring me tears.  And even though as they are one by one torn from my heart, and I cry out in pain, “Why”, He has been (and still is) showing me that all I need, to poses that deep happiness and pleasure in life, is Him and Him alone.  He has faithfully guided my feet, and still continues, as I learn to walk by His side with the growing faith,  that He knows where He’s going.


Today is my anniversary with Jesus. I’ve been committed to Him for 10 happy years. It’s been a long beautiful, and hard battle. But as I look back on the years, all I can do is smile! His patience is beyond my comprehension! His love is more beautiful than this stammering tongue can convey. He is becoming my all. My reason for living. My joy. My purpose is being found in Him alone.  So often He calls this heart to stand still before Him in awe of His power and majesty. That He is my God.. But yet he wants to be my friend. Everything about Him just amazes me! 

Perhaps you are chasing broken dreams, and are tired of what the world has to offer. My friend, He has so much to offer. I mean really! More than we could ever dream of! Try Him! He is faithful who has promised.. 

"Delight thyself also in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

I commit to Him afresh. And thank Him for His mercy. And His grace.

Comments

Popular Posts