Today is no normal day...

I awake by the beeps of my little alarm clock. Human nature wants to sleep in. But another power, not of flesh, pushes me up off my pillow, and on to my knees. The coolness biting at my toes, but a warm joy in my heart, with the knowledge that God has the victory this morning!

I reach for that little black book on my nightstand.

"Sow to yourselves in righteousness,reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till He come and rain righteousness upon you." Hosea 10:12

My eyes turn from the page.

The rising sun out my window is so bright, filtering its glory through the trees. The wet dew from heaven, covers the ground. The chipmunks chatter to each other, as they glide from tree to tree.



But this thought thunders its earnestness through my brain...

it's not just any normal day.

No.

Today is the day for war.






"I am bidden to call upon the churches to awake out of sleep. We must contend with invisible, supernatural foes. We are to put on the whole armor of God, that we may be prepared for the battles we have daily to fight. I call upon those who have received light and knowledge to pray most earnestly, and to come up "to the help of the Lord, to the help of the Lord against the mighty.".... We are to proclaim to the world the message, "The great day of the Lord is near." "Prepare to meet thy God." We are to do much more than we have yet done.  {RC 201}  

Souls have been neglected, towns and villages and cities have not heard the truth for this time, because wise missionary efforts have not been made. . . . Ev 113



Oh, how the heart of our God must weep...

Today is no normal day friends.

We have a battle to fight.



Comments

Popular Posts