Simple Trust. True Affection. Faithfulness.

I know I'll miss them....

I just spent my last day baby sitting little Annalise and Brendan yesterday. I've spent the last 5 months watching them off and on.

What a joy it was spending time with those two! I got to spend a few hours every week being a kid again!

Catching bugs and making a new world for them in a canning jar. Swinging together. Playing hide-and-go-seek. Picking flowers. Blowing at Dandelion seeds, and giggling together as we watched them blow this way and that - just to mention a few of our little adventures! And oh the joy of the sound of their sweet laughter!

                        (I had better pictures, but they got deleted somehow. =(  Have to enjoy the more simple ones I guess!)

I'll never forget that day Brendan came walking into the kitchen while I was cutting out a paper doll with Anna, and he said slowly, “Cortney.....” “What?” I said, looking up briefly to see him looking down at the floor shyly. He walked over to me and whispered “I love you!"



Oh the simple trust, and so true affection of a child!

I want that simple child-likeness in my relationship with Jesus.

I want my world to be all about Him...

And not a stitch about me.

They hugged me at the door, and smothered me in kisses before I left.... I felt so sad to be saying goodbye, for perhaps the last time. As we pulled out of the driveway, I turned to see little 2-year old Anna, with her blankie waving at the door through the rain... I waved, and smiled at the sight of her. There is a different achy, empty feeling in my heart too, when I realize that this dear family could be different. 'What more could I do dear Lord? I just wish they could come to the full light of what serving you is all about.'

I know they will forever be in my prayers, and on my heart.... And that maybe somehow, they will remember me... not because of what I may have done or said.... but I hope they will remember... I hope they would have seen something different about me.... Jesus.

I'm gonna try my best (though the business of life often keeps my head spinning) to keep in touch with them through one of my favorite forms of communication, letter writing. And I hope that somehow, someday soon, they will come to know and serve Jesus in a higher way.... that they too might walk the narrow road, on the way to victory, and heaven and Jesus at last.

Oh to make a true difference in the lives of those around me....

Oh that Jesus would shine through me more gloriously.

Help me to love and trust You more simply.... as a child.

To be ever Faithful...

In that which may seem to be the little things of life.






"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." Mark 10:15 

Comments

Popular Posts